It’s matchday again and another home game at the Emirates for Arsenal. The Gunners host Aston Villa tonight by 19:30 UK time in the fifth game of the season.
Let’s go with a few stats and facts before the match:
• The last 10 Premier League matches between Arsenal and Aston Villa at the Emirates Stadium have produced at least 3 goals.
• Arsenal have the chance to make it five wins from their opening five games, which will match their best start to a PL season ever.
• The Gunners have won 199 Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium and will be looking for victory number 200 tonight.
• In two PL matches against Aston Villa last season, Arsenal registered both wins (3-1 home & 3-0 away).
• Thomas Partey and Mohamed Elneny will miss tonight’s game, while Oleksandr Zinchenko should return to the squad.
• Steven Gerrard said that Tyrone Mings and Cameron Archer are doubtful to play for Aston Villa, while new signing Diego Carlos is out.
With both Thomas Partey and Elneny ruled out for the game, new signing Fabio Vieira may feature in today’s game, although not as a starter.
Here is how both teams will possibly line up:
Defenders: Tierney, Gabriel, Saliba, White
Midfielders: Lokonga, Xhaka, Odegaard
Forwards: Martinelli, Jesus, Saka
ASTON VILLA (4-3-1-2)
Defenders: Diane, Chambers, Konsa, Cash
Midfielders: McGinn, Kamara, Luiz, Coutinho
Forwards: Ings, Watkins
Arsenal 2-1 Villa