Arsenal are set to host Leicester City at the Emirates Stadium today, 15:00 UK time.
The Gunners will be looking to kiss the peak of the table once again this week and as such, all three home points will be of so much value.
Leicester however, go into the contest with the intentions of righting every wrong made from their last match against Brentford.
Before Mikel Arteta and Brendan Rogers’ side lock horns, here are a few fun facts and stats:
• Arsenal have won their last three Premier League matches against Leicester City, scoring seven goals and conceding just one. The Gunners last had four consecutive league victories over the Foxes between February 1999 and December 2000.
• Leicester have won just one of their last 25 away league matches against Arsenal (D4 L20), a 1-0 win in October 2020. The Foxes have lost more away top-flight matches against the Gunners than against any other side (35).
• Arsenal have lost six of their last 12 Premier League home games in August (W4 D2); before this run, the Gunners had won 15 of their previous 16 home August matches.
• Leicester have kept one clean sheet in their last 26 away Premier League matches, doing so in a 2-0 win at Burnley last March. They haven’t kept a clean sheet on the road against a current top-flight side since February 2021, a goalless draw at Wolves.
• Arsenal won 2-0 against Crystal Palace in their opening game. The Gunners have started a Premier League campaign with two wins on six occasions, but they’ve not started with two wins without conceding since 1971-72.
On the part of Arsenal, Tomiyasu, Emile Smith-Rowe, and Pablo Vieira are expected to be left out due to slight injuries.
From a Leicester’s point of view, Ricardo Pereira, Harvey Barnes and Ryan Bertrand form the trio to be sidelined.
PREDICTED LINE-UP FOR ARSENAL
Defenders: Gabriel, White, Zinchenko,
Midfielders: Xhaka, Partey, Saka, Odegaard
Forwards: Jesus, Martinelli
PREDICTED LINE-UP FOR LEICESTER
Defenders: Fofana, Evans, Amartey, Justin
Midfielders: Ndidi, Tielemans, Madisson, Perez
PREDICTED SCORE: Arsenal 2:1 Leicester City