Chelsea head into today’s match with a lot to prove and questions to answer. The Blues have scored three goals in their last three games, but none coming from Tuchel’s front line.
Last week’s hefty three-goal defeat to Leeds is not something that should be treated with any levity.
The Blues host the Foxes at the Stamford Bridge today, 15:00UK time, with both sides desperately in need of points.
The Foxes however are still in search of their first win of the season as they pay a visit to the Stamford Bridge this afternoon.
A few stats and facts on both sides of the contest to digest in anticipation of today’s game:
• Chelsea have won two of their last three Premier League games against Leicester (D1), after a six-game winless run against the Foxes (D4 L2).
• Leicester have won just one of their last 10 Premier League away games against Chelsea (D4 L5), with the Foxes not scoring more than once in any of these 10 meetings.
• Chelsea will go into this match in the bottom half of the Premier League, the first time they’ll do so for a league game since September 2020 vs West Brom (drew 3-3). Excluding games played on MD1, the Blues have lost none of their last 20 games when starting in the bottom half (W11 D9) since a 2-1 defeat to Leicester City in December 2015 in José Mourinho’s last match in charge.
• Leicester City have won just two of their last 15 Premier League away games (D5 L8) and have kept just one clean sheet in their last 27 on the road. Their two victories in the former run came against Burnley and Watford, both of whom were relegated at the end of the campaign.
• Thomas Tuchel has been in charge of 60 Premier League games as Chelsea manager. The Blues have conceded 34 goals in the most recent 30 of those – twice as many as they did in the German’s first 30 league matches in charge (17). Chelsea are yet to lose back-to-back Premier League fixtures under Tuchel, something they will look to avoid against Leicester after losing 3-0 to Leeds last time out.
CHELSEA PREDICTED XI
Defenders: Silva, Azpilicueta, Chalobah
Midfielders: James, Jorginho, Mount, Cucurella
Forwards: Havertz, Sterling, Broja
LEICESTER CITY PREDICTED XI
Defenders: Castagne, Amartey, Evans, Justin
Midfielders: Ndidi, Perez, Maddison, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall
PREDICTED RESULT: 1-1
It is bound to be a very tough contest with most likely no goal to differentiate the two sides.