The Elland Road stadium will be the venue for the brawl between Leeds and Chelsea. The match will hold by 14:00 UK time and Tuchel’s men will do everything they can to win the match.
After dropping points late in the London derby against Tottenham last week, Chelsea will hope to win the tie with Leeds. If the blues want to contend for a title, they have to take advantage of fixtures like this.
Here we go with some stats and facts ahead of the game:
- Chelsea are aiming to record successive league victories at Elland Road for the first time in the club’s history.
- Leeds opened their Premier League season with a win over Wolves and a draw against Southampton.
- The Blues kept a clean sheet in both last season’s matches against Leeds (3:0 & 0:0).
- Chelsea could win and keep a clean sheet in both of their opening two away fixtures of a PL season for the first time since 2005-06.
- Reece James has been involved in 15 goals in his last 24 Premier League starts, including four in his last five.
- N’Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic will miss today’s game, while Christian Pulisic and Armando Broja are doubtful to play.
- Leeds will host Chelsea without Stuart Dallas, Luke Ayling, and Junior Firpo, while Pat Bamford and Liam Cooper are doubtful.
Ngolo Kante was taken off the pitch due to injury against the Spurs. Kovacic also remains sidelined and Conor Gallagher has a high chance of starting the match. Here is how both teams will probably line up;
Defender: Struijk, Llorente, Koch, Kristensen
Midfielders: Adams, Roca, Harrison, Rodrigo, Aaronson
Defenders: Koulibaly, Silva, Azpilicueta
Midfielders: Cucurella, Jorginho, Gallagher, James
Forwards: Sterling, Havertz, Mount
Leeds 1-2 Chelsea