Manchester City get underway in the Premier League again for what promises to be a breathtaking Manchester Derby. The Cityzens will host the Red Devils at the Etihad Stadium by 14:00.
Manchester City will look to win the match with a good margin to keep up the pace with Arsenal who sit on top of the table with a four-point gap.
On the other hand, a ein for United will take them ahead if Brightob to sit at fourth place.
Let’s go with some stats and facts before the match:
• Manchester City are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games against Manchester United for the first time since a run of four between April 2013 and November 2014.
• Manchester United have lost 17 Premier League games against Manchester City, only losing more against Liverpool (18) and Chelsea (18) in the history of the competition.
• The away side has won 21 times in Premier League meetings between Manchester City and Manchester United – no fixture has been won by the visitors more often in the competition’s history.
• Manchester City have won their last seven Premier League home games, scoring at least three goals each time. The last team to win eight straight top-flight home games while scoring 3+ goals were Tottenham between March and September 1965.
• Manchester United have won their last four Premier League games, having lost four in a row before that. They last won five consecutive league games in April 2021 under Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
PREDICTED STARTING XI FOR BOTH TEAMS
MAN CITY (4-3-3)
Defenders: Cancelo, Akanji, Dias, Walker
Midfielders: Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne
Forwards: Foden, Haaland, Bernardo
MAN UTD (4-3-3)
Goalkeeper: De Gea
Defenders: Malacia, Martinez, Varane, Dalot
Midfielders: Casemiro, Eriksen, Fernandes
Forwards: Sancho, Ronaldo, Antony
Man City 3-1 Man Utd