Manchester City take on Nottingham Forest tonight at 19:30 UK time at the Etihad Stadium. The Cityzens had to fight back to claim victory over Palace during the weekend. As they look to secure their Premier League title they will need to concede less goals than they had over the past couple of weeks.
Nottingham Forest lost their last match against Tottenham on Sunday, despite pulling off a brilliant performance in the contest. The match is predicted to be a tough match for City as the Forest Keepers will seek to avoid consecutive defeats.
Let’s digest a few stats and facts before the match:
• This is the first meeting between Manchester City and Nottingham Forest since second-tier Forest won an FA Cup third-round tie 3-0 at the Etihad Stadium on 3 January 2009.
• City and Forest are in the same league together for the first time since 2001-02 in the second tier.
• Manchester City have won each of their last 20 Premier League matches played on a Wednesday since a 2-1 defeat at Leicester City on Boxing Day in 2018.
• City have trailed by two goals in four of their last six Premier League matches, going on to avoid defeat in all four.
• The Blues can equal the club record of scoring multiple goals in 14 successive Premier League games.
• The Citizens can become the third club to score at least four goals in their opening three Premier League home games, after Newcastle United (1994-95) and Arsenal (2009-10)
Both Ake and Phillips are back in training for City but they are unlikely going to be names in the starting lineup for the team. They may feature in the weekend game against Aston Villa or in the Champions League next week.
Here is how both teams will probably line up for the game:
Defenders: Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Walker
Midfielders: Rodri, Bernardo, De Bruyne
Forwards: Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
NOTTINGHAM FOREST (3-4-2-1)
Defenders: McKenna, Cook, Worrall
Midfielders: Toffolo, O’Brien, Yates, Williams
Forwards: Gibbs-White, Lingard, Johnson
Man City 4-0 Nottingham Forest