Manchester City take on Newcastle in their third match of the season. The will be hosted at the St. James Park Stadium by 16:30 UK time on Sunday.
City will look to maintain their perfect start to the season and win their third match in a row.
Guardiola confirmed having a fully fit squad for the match. Only Aymeric Laporte will be left out of the squad. The defender is recovering and training lightly with Athletic Bilbao in Spain.
Let’s take a look at a few stats and match facts before the game:
• Manchester City have won the last five meetings, scoring at least four goals in each of the past three.
• City have scored in each of their last 27 Premier League clashes – the longest scoring streak one team has had against another in the history of the competition.
• Newcastle and Manchester City are the only sides yet to concede a goal in the Premier League in 2022-23.
• Should Manchester City avoid defeat, it would be the sixth unbeaten run of 20 or more Premier League away games by a club. Manchester United hold the record of 29, set between 2020 and 2021.
• Kevin De Bruyne has scored nine goals and set up another eight in his past 12 league appearances.
• Phil Foden could become the youngest player to make 100 top-flight league appearances under Pep Guardiola, aged 22 years and 85 days, and the second youngest player to do so for City after Micah Richards.
Defenders: Burn, Botman, Schar, Trippier
Midfielders: Joelinton, Guimaraes, Willock
Forwards: Saint-Maximin, Wilson, Almiron
MAN CITY (4-3-3)
Defenders: Cancelo, Dias, Ake, Walker
Midfielders: Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne
Forwards: Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
Newcastle 0-2 Man City