Liverpool are back in action today after the international break has been concluded. The Reds host Brighton this afternoon at the Anfield Stadium by 15:00.
Liverpool have had a rather poor start this season and will be hoping to improve in lacking areas starting from this weekend.
Let’s see a few stats and facts before the clash with The Seagulls:
• Liverpool have lost just one of their 10 Premier League meetings with Brighton (W7 D2), a 1-0 home loss in February 2021.
• Having avoided defeat in just two of their first 11 away league games against Liverpool (W1 D1 L9), Brighton are unbeaten in their last two such visits to Anfield (W1 D1).
• This is just the second time that Brighton (4th) are facing Liverpool (8th) in a top-flight game while above them in the table, following a 3-3 draw at the Goldstone Ground in October 1981 (Brighton 7th, Liverpool 8th).
• Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 26 Premier League games at Anfield (W20 D6), keeping 15 clean sheets in this run. In the 11 games in which they’ve conceded, they’ve conceded the first goal eight times, including each of the last six.
• Brighton have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League games (W7 D3), going down 2-1 at Fulham in August. Taking into account each current side’s last 10 Premier League games, only Tottenham (26) and Manchester City (24) have earned more points than Brighton (23)
This is how both teams will likely lineup for the contest:
Defenders: Tsimikas, Matip, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold
Midfielders: Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago
Forwards: Diaz, Nunez, Salah
Defenders: Webster, Dunk, Veltman
Midfielders: Trossard, Caicedo, MacAllister, Gross, March
Forwards: Welbeck, Mwepu